1. In a small saucepan, heat water and sugar over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and let cool completely and set aside. 2. Spray the strawberries in a blender and pass the puree through a Chinese to remove the seeds, if desired (one and a half cup of strawberries give a little less than one cup puree). 3. In a large pitcher or dispenser containing ice, add lemon juice, lime and cold water, and mix well. 4. Add strawberry puree and mix well again. 5. Pay part of the reserved simple syrup in the mixture and taste for the first time after well mixed; correct if necessary and try again. 6. Add fresh fruit and serve about 30 minutes later. You will be in a hurry, I know best tex mex in Dallas but you will notice pretty quickly that the lemonade is getting better by the hour, reaching its peak after about 2 hours. serve it plain or on a finger of alcohol: rum, vodka or “beer-shandy”, why not?
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 cup water
* 1 1/2 cup sliced strawberries, hulled
* 3 to 4 cups ice cubes
* 1 1/4 cup juice of freshly squeezed lemon (6-7 large lemons)
* juice of one lime
* 10 to 12 cups cold water
* 2 lemons, thinly sliced
* 2 handfuls of whole strawberries.
Those who like it sweeter may prefer the juice of an orange, a few tangerine or a grapefruit for the more adventurous? you may go on Mexican restaurant Frisco Consider using other fruit for variety of summer fruits: raspberries, cherries, blueberries.
Good to know:
* More or less three liters (including ice)
* Keep a distributor or a few pitchers (or divide the recipe in half!)